Saturday, February 20, 2016

Sumac

Today, St Louis saw unseasonably warm weather. I took the opportunity to do a pinch of gardening. There's a bush-tree thing that has been perturbing me every time I look out my back window. Last summer, I researched it a bit, and convinced myself that it was sumac. Because I react violently to poison ivy, I didn't want to face getting a rash from possible sumac, so I waited until the winter dried it out. Today, I took some hedge trimmers to it and then bagged it all up for garbage. After that, I took a shower, scrubbing myself everywhere, and then threw my laundry and work gloves into a steaming hot washing machine cycle. One can't be too careful. Oh, I also doused the remaining stubs with weed killer. It'll be hubby's job to dig out the roots in another month.

No comments:

Post a Comment